Academic Parent-Teacher Teams (APTT)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Students who benefit from having highly engaged parents:
- Do better in school
- Have a positive attitude toward learning and achievement.
- Enjoy greater academic socialization at home and in the community.
- Possess more developed social skills.
- Have higher rates of high school completion.
- Are more likely to enroll in college and obtain a degree.
I have more than two children attending the elementary. What do I do?
Please attend meetings for the children in your family that have the greatest need academically. If it is possible, have another family member attend a meeting for one child, while you attend a meeting for another child.
What if I cannot make it to the APTT meetings?
If that is not possible, you may call your child's teacher to schedule a separate meeting to get the necessary information and take-home activities.
How can I attend APTT meetings when I don't have a babysitter?
Child care is provided for preschool through 4th grade aged children during APTT meetings.
Who do I contact if I have further questions/concerns about APTT?
You may contact your child's teacher if you need more information regarding APTT.